Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh Boy!

At this point of my pregnancy I'm a little nervous. I think that is fairy reasonable...here is the reason why. Jonathan and I were at Target doing a little shopping when I found the cutest newborn outfit for Loco (that is his belly name, I will explain in another post). As we were finishing up and walking out we were talking about how big we were when we were born. I was a lovely 7 and 1/2 lb and 18 inches long. Jonathan proceeds to tell me that he was a 10 lb baby. ACK!!! I choked back a sob and ask why we were buying newborn clothes for this kid if he's not going to fit in them. I got over that with a few laughs and went on with my day.

Well I went to the midwife this week because I have been having headaches and a lot of cramping. The headaches are normal and really so is the cramping. I was told that it is just round ligament pain, basically as the I get bigger the weight of my belly pulls on the ligaments and can feel like a charlie horse. Then the midwife measures me and says "hmmm" in that not so pleasing way. She asks me how far along I am and I tell her with a smile 18 weeks. "Well" she says "you are measuring closer to 20 or 21 weeks. How did you measure at your ultra sound?" At 15 weeks I measured 15 weeks and 6 days. I know that all of this doesn't necessarily mean that I am going to have a 10 lb baby but it is now in my head enough that I am having dreams where my baby is as big as a teenager. I need to let this go and know that what ever size my baby is it will be okay. I am tempted to buy a package of adult depends just to be on the safe side =)

2 comments:

ali-dot-e said...

That is too funny! I don't think that you will have a 10 pound baby, those are really rare, right? I hope so! I love the belly name, it just might stick!!

Megan and Jonathan Owen said...

It sure would be a change from the twins who were 3lb 9oz and 4lb 9oz! I don't know how rare it is but I guess more then one kid in his family hit the 10lb mark!