Thursday, September 24, 2009

Eyelashes Or Are They Little Spiders?

So anyone who has every gotten dressed up with me knows that I love fake eyelashes. I have convinced a number of friends and family members to try them. I love fakeys because I don't have eyelashes. No one believes me about this until they see me without mascara. My eyelashes are so short on the bottom lid that you really can't see them. The top isn't much better.

I have bought the cheap kind, the expensive kind, the super glitzy, the can't really tell I am wearing them, ones with red tinsel, ones with diamonds glued on the end, basically I have about 30 pair of fake eyelashes and I wear them all.

Today I was killing some time with Carrie and happened upon a beauty supply store. Now I love makeup and girly stuff but I am really not very good at it. The eyelashes are about the only thing I can give someone else hints and tips about. We wandered around for about 20 minutes when I found the eyelash isle. Yep kids they had an entire isle just for eyelashes!!! This isle will be part of my heaven!

As I stood there and debated just how many pairs of eyelashes I could justify buying I found the singles. Now I tend to use the strips because they are easy. Apply a bit of glue, wait 20 seconds and smash onto the eyelid. I turned over the package and read through the instructions. Guess what it says....that these can be worn for 4-5 weeks. Yes I said WEEKS! Oh to have beautiful full lashes everyday! So I bought them, okay and 2 other pair =) I couldn't pass up the pair with feathers on the ends.

When I got home I wheeled Carrie into the bathroom with me and joked about trying them on her. She laughed which I took as "keep those stupid things away from my eyes". She doesn't really like having her face touched. I then spent about 30 minutes trying to put those blasted things on my lids. I think I ended up with more glued to my chest, shirt and bathroom counter then on my lids. I kept loosing my grip with the tweezers. Also if I didn't wait long enough they would just slide down to the bottom lid.

Needless to say I don't have amazingly long fake but real looking eyelashes today. I also now have fewer real eyelashes after trying to wash the glue off my eyes. But I am going to try them tomorrow. Wish me luck and let me know if you have any tips on applying these little things.

Oh yeah the whole point of the the title was this: after I decided to stop glueing my eyelids shut and clean up the entire counter top looked like baby spiders were crawling on it. I went through entire package of eyelashes and only had about 6 on my eyes...oh well maybe it will be better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Where are the pics?!? A story like that needs some visuals to go with it.

Did I tell you I bought a pair of fake eyelashes after our little girls night out? I haven't worn them, but I have them.