Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kick Kick Kick

I have been feeling Loco kick since about 14 weeks (I am 19 weeks today). In the first few weeks the kicks were so light I almost doubted that they were anything more then gas. As the weeks fly by I feel him more and more. Feeling those little kicks excites me so much that I find myself pressing my belly just enough to squeeze Loco so he will kick me.
When I got home for the weekend I crossed my fingers Loco would kick hard enough that Jonathan would be able to feel it. Sure enough he did!!! Now this actually took some work. Whenever Jonathan and I were sitting on the couch I would press his had into my tummy. Every kick I felt I would ask Jonathan "Did you feel that?" I was disappointed the first night that he wasn't able to feel anything.
Saturday I made green chile enchiladas from scratch. I used fresh roasted chiles that I bought at the farmers market as well as fresh jalapenos. They turned out extremely spicy! My mouth was on fire but they tasted sooooo good. Thank goodness that my husband like spice. After dinner Loco was kicking up a storm apprently he likes spicy as well. So I grabbed Jonathan's hand and pressed down. Loco kicked right in the middle of Jonathan's palm. The twinkle in Jonathan's eyes almost made me cry. He was so excited to feel our son. The rest of the weekend was filled with the 'did you feel that' game.
I am glad that my husband is as excited as I am for this child. We both love him so much already. I am lucky to have true love in my life, both with my husband and my child.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Awwwww, I love those first kicks. So glad Jonathon can feel them now too.